We thank the Lord for ministries like 9Marks and their many resources; we especially are grateful for how those tools about church discipline.
- ‘Church discipline is the church’s act of confronting someone’s sin and calling them to repent, which, if the person doesn’t repent…
- ‘In a broader sense, discipline is everything the church does to help its members pursue holiness and fight sin….
- ‘Sometimes people distinguish between these two types of discipline by calling the former “corrective discipline” and the latter “formative discipline.”
- ‘Corrective: The New Testament commands and depicts corrective discipline in passages like Matthew 18:15-17….
- ‘Formative: The New Testament speaks about formative discipline in countless passages about pursuing holiness and building one another up in the faith, such as Ephesians 4:11-32 and Philippians 2:1-18….’
(Other 9Marks resources in VN: COS)