‘Manhood is much more than what it shouldn’t be. In Christ, it:
- not merely lacks cowardice, but possesses courage.
- not merely lacks bad views of God, but burns with biblical convictions.
- not merely lacks a domineering spirit, but models godly leadership.
- not merely avoids self-dependence, but commits to prayer.
- not merely avoids habitual sin, but cultivates habitual repentance.
- not merely says “no” to illicit desires, but says “yes” to the local church.
‘We need men who not only avoid evil but embody what is good. There is a profound difference.’
‘Godly men don’t merely slay their own sin; they walk by the Spirit (Galatians 5:16). They don’t just flee youthful passions; they pursue faith, love, righteousness with others (2 Timothy 2:22). They don’t just forswear bad apples; they produce fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22–23). They run towards something, not just away from something, keeping their eyes fixed on Christ. And their incredible pursuits, upheld by a mighty God of grace, make remarkable men of God.’
Read the whole thing here